Sunday, July 01, 2007

Not just your every day CARROT CAKE

Carrot cake is one of those hit or miss desserts. It always looks and sounds SO good, but hardly ever delivers. Why? Why?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking! So, I never order it anymore, unless it's one of the offerings at a really really shi-shi restaurant. I just make it at home for myself and others. And I must admit, this last cake I made was pretty awesome. Just look at the picture. And yes, this one tasted as good as it looks. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that it has 1 1/2 cups of canola oil in the cake and 2 sticks of butter in the frosting.

I think the secret to a moist carrot cake is combining the oil and the eggs until completely emulsified. I use a food processor for that. I also double sift the dry ingredients and fold them into the carrots, shredded coconut, and crushed, drained pineapple. No raisins or nuts. Then I barely stir in the wet ingredients.

I don't know. I'm no professional baker. Just a professional snob.

Wish you could have a bite. Seriously, though, don't you?

Xoxox,
Foodsnob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, i want that cake. i am so glad you left out raisins!