Thursday, July 26, 2007

Yet another beautiful YELLOW food

First egg yolks, now CORN! Love it. 'Tis the season, so go get some. As pictured in my SMORES post, I like to grill corn still in its husk. I don't like rubbery blackened corn. Keeps it crunchy al dente, and also keeps the carcinogens in check if you're worried about that sort of thing.

I like my corn raw if it's super sweet, but one of my favs is sauteeing it in butter with leeks, seasoned with salt and pepper, then tossed with chiffonade of basil. A perfect summer side dish to grilled fish or chicken.

Come and get it!
Foodsnob

2 comments:

Jennifer Kim said...

mm, corn. one of my fave food memories growing up was our annual crab feast out by my aunt & uncle's pool. we'd get bushels and bushels of hot, steamed MD crabs with tons of old bay seasoning, piles of corn on the cob and pig out with lemonade/beer and then wash our hands using the outdoor shower and some fresh lemon halves.

ahh... MD summertime...

FoodSnob said...

i'm crying. that is a beautiful memory. if only we had blue crabs and Old Bay here in LA.

question, did you drink beer as a child?

aaahhh...fresh lemon halves...