Friday, August 03, 2007

Why's it gotta be about black and white???

Sometimes it should just be about GREY (SALT.) Now grey salt is pretty damn spectacular. An unprocessed sea salt hailing from the Brittany coast of France, its slightly moist crystals deliver an oceanic punch straight to your mouth, which also means you don't need to use a lot.

The grey hue comes from all the minerals present in the salt, including magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, sulfur, copper, silicon, iodine, among others. I love finishing off salads, fish and meat with this stuff, and also cook with it. I love it in stocks and soups as well, adding it during the cooking process and then to finish it off.

And please, none of that table salt. At least go Kosher. You'll also start using less salt on your food.

Have a little salt tasting. You'll really notice the difference!!!

No matter how you spell it, it's great,
Foodsnob

PS It even says "flavorful" on the label. Now are you really going to challenge that?

5 comments:

Jennifer Kim said...

I think the "flavorful" bit is what really sold me. I'll have to check it out. btw, I don't use table salt but I do have plain ol' sea salt... does that disqualify me from reading foodsnob?? say it ain't so!

FoodSnob said...

it ain't so!

Jennifer Kim said...

phew! my life can now go on. :)

Freni Gillespie said...

I love the Sel Gris they have Pain Quotidien, but I've never done a taste test with other salts. Ooooh. That's interesting. We must try that!

Have you ever had Himalayan pink salt? It's not as clumpy as grey salt and it has 84 minerals and trace elements. The new agey folks believe it lowers blood pressure and cures all kinds of other ailments...I just like it because it's PRETTY. AND you can use it as a face/body scrub in the course form!

FoodSnob said...

Pretty...pink is so pretty. Pretty pink. Pretty in pink. I've also been using a nice mangosteen and lychee body scrub lately. It's like a refreshing naked cocktail.

What could be sexier?