Thursday, August 30, 2007

Blueberry Muffins for Breakfast

A benefit of having frozen berries at the ready is you can whip up muffins in a pinch. Seriously, though, muffins don't take long at all. So long as you tie yourself over with a banana and a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice you'll be fine. An hour later you'll have your muffins and be late for your "job" or whatever it is you do.

What you CAN do, though, is prep the muffin mix the night before. Separate the wet from the dry, keep them in the fridge. When you wake up, preheat your oven and grease your muffin tins. Whatever recipe you may use, try substituting some sour cream as part of the liquid (whether it be milk, buttermilk, or yogurt.) There's nothing better. The key is, of course, need I say it???? Do NOT overmix. Stir with a chopstick if that helps. Barely moistened...I like to top my muffins with however I'm feeling that day. Crushed almonds, butter, brown sugar, a touch of flour?

Jump in the shower and by now your timer should just be going off, unless you're a water whore.

I think I ate four of these. Me not too smart.

Wish a bite you could have,
Foodsnob

PS By the way I totally burned my fingers with boiling blueberry juice as I was trying to take this pic.

3 comments:

Jennifer Kim said...

yum... i love fresh blueberry muffins for breakfast. i find that they pair nicely with a tall glass of cold mimomas. :)

opus2 said...

ONE HOUR????

you and robert rodriguez should hang out.

Jennifer Kim said...

dude, where've you been?? i need me some recipe inspiration up in this piece.

yes, i sound that uneducated all the time.

also: did you see the wanna-be foodie pics on my blog??