Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Chocolate Grand Marnier Cake

What do you do with 5 bars of Valrhona 71% chocolate? Hmm...I've got it!! Melt down 3 of them, add some eggs, Grand Marnier, a touch of flour (or cocoa if you're really hardcore), and bake it. With the other 2 bars, make a ganache for the icing on the cake.

I'm a huge fan of grand marnier, as you may know. The combination of orange and chocolate is divine. Try dipping orange zest (but not the pith, as that is bitter) in a chocolate ganache and make your own chocolate orange peels. I can't seem to shake this chocolate obsession. Oh well.

WARNING: This cake is not for the faint of heart. Perfect with raspberries, tea, coffee, or ice cream. If you'd like the recipe, please let me know and I'll post!

Wish you could have a bite,
Foodsnob

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had some of that cake, and it was soo good! but when i went back for more, the FSinLA rapped my fingers and said i would spoil my dinner. i am telling you, she is all kinds of tough love!

FoodSnob said...

maybe that was because you were going for a THIRD slice, after already having had two my dear...

Anonymous said...

I would love to have this recipe!!!I think there is no better combination of flavors than rich chocolate and orange.
I work with your mother-in-law and she told me about your blog, It's fantastic and everything looks amazing!

good luck in Iowa!

Howie said...

I love Grand Marnier. I use it when I make tiramisu, and it make a big difference. I also use it when making sangria, but your Chocolate Grand Marnier cake looks delicious!!!