Sunday, August 12, 2007

Biscuits Biscuits Biscuits

Biscuits remind me of my homeland...the hot humid summers, mosquitoes galore, little Asian kids running barefoot. Sound like Vietnam? Think again. Think the American South. Think Virginia.

Do you think about fried chicken and biscuits when you think about the South? Do you even THINK about the South ever? Yes I am ashamed that Virginia was part of the Confederacy, but I forgive Mr. Robert E. Lee. It wasn't his fault. His momma probably convinced him to stay with her tasty Southern delights.

So, I freakin' LOVE biscuits. I love carbs in general. I made these to go with a chicken soup I'd made for lunch. I know there are tons of biscuit recipes out there, but what it really comes down to is technique. How many times do I have to say DO NOT OVERMIX? DO NOT OVERMIX. And, REALLY COLD ingredients. Scones and biscuits are in the same category. Rock hard = bad.

If you want my biscuit recipe which I've painstakingly developed over the years, I'll post it up for you :)

Go test out your biscuit hand!
Foodsnob

2 comments:

Jennifer Kim said...

I had my first biscuits & gravy experience down here in Texas and, although I was quite skeptical at first (white gravy? carbs + thick gloop? blah)... it was quite delicious.

*grins, then dies of heart attack*

btw, Q, check out my blog for pics from lix's wedding (crazy huh?)

opus2 said...

biscuit recipe! post! post post!
pleease?