Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lovely Leeks

I've talked about burrata a lot. And I won't stop talking about it, and you can't stop me. YOU are! Hmph!

Last night I prepared the ol' burrata and prosciutto drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt and black pepper blah blah blah, but to spruce it up I made a leeks vinaigrette. Not the fancy French vinaigrette with capers and egg and whatnot, just a little bit of red wine vinegar (because I'm out of champagne vinegar), S&P, some olive oil, and that's it.

Yum. SO EASY. Clean leeks. Boil for 10-15 minutes in salted water, and give them the shocker...I mean, shock them in ice water? Add your oil and vinegar and you've got yourself an antipasto that'll ruin your main course which you slaved over for hours and hours. Serves you right. DAMN YOU leeks over prosciutto and burrata. Damn you for being so sexy and delicious.

Wish you could have a bite,
Foodsnob

No comments: