Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Lemongrass Is the New Lavendar

I knew that God was trying to tell me something when the TSA confiscated my L’Occitaine Lavendar Hand Lotion on my way home from South Africa. As I squeezed as much lotion onto my arms and body as I could without garnering too many stares, I bid my lotion farewell.

Since then I haven’t bought any new lavendar products. I recently bought a new lemongrass and sage deodorant. Has anyone noticed that NOBODY sells deodorant for women? Everything is anti-perspirant, and being a hypochondriac, I recently decided that anti-perspirant isn’t good for me, so now I smell like a man…or an herb garden.

Anyway, my next phase is herb infused products, be it shampoo, lotion, tea, or deodorant.

Lavendar is SO passe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry--I must have missed something. What exactly does deodorant (lemongrass or otherwise) have to do with food? As a dedicated reader, I am confused and hurt! But I am happy that you smell all lemongrassy.

FoodSnob said...

Lemongrass is food. Just because I'm rubbing it on my body it's still edible...I'm sorry to have hurt your feelings, but maybe you should try rubbing strawberries and cream on someone and seeing whether that's still food or not? Just make sure your surfaces are well-cleaned.

Anonymous said...

anti-perspirant=no sweat=good
deodorant=masking of sweat stink=bad :(