Sunday, March 09, 2008

Just a Thought

After waking up at 10:20 AM this morning only because of daylight savings time...eh hem...I had a hankering for blueberry muffins. An hour later, as I was sipping my oolong tea with a hint of jasmine (a gift I just received) I realized that the combination of the slightly acidic yet sweet blueberries were perfectly complimented by the delicate flowery notes of the tea.

And so I wondered, why aren't there more tea and food pairings in restaurants? I went to Providence on Sunday (more on that later) and by the end of the tasting menu I was already too tipsy to truly appreciate the chocolate cake with ganache, made from of course, Valrhona chocolate, and mushroom ice cream. Yes, I did indeed say mushroom ice cream. DIVINE. Served with port. I think it would've gone better with a delicate oolong, not that I'm complaining, right?

Boozehound.

Just a thought,
Foodsnob

1 comment:

opus2 said...

yay!!! to tea + food pairings :)