Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Lunch: Halibut and Squash


When your fishmonger recommends the halibut, you get the halibut. When he tells you creepy jokes about women, graveyards and meatballs you listen. You do whatever it takes to make him happy because he is your best friend. And I mean it...I'd do anything for love, but I won't do THAT.

So for lunch earlier I made pan-seared halibut and sauteed squash with thyme. So simple. When the halibut is that fresh, or any fish for that matter, I like to season with just a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. And of course to get that beautiful golden crust, DON'T TOUCH IT as it sizzles away (in a little olive oil and butter.) Bad touch, bad touch! A couple minutes per side and you've got yourself a healthy meal.

Hot and simple, sort of like myself...I kid, I kid...

Wish you could have a bite,
Foodsnob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the best fish of my life was halibut -- in iceland (don't ask) -- fresh off the boat. those north atlantic types sure do know their way around a fish.

hey, can you blog abt fingerling potatoes, or yams, or any variety of those starchy roots (besides roasting them with olive oil, salt, and rosemary)? we've had some of each occupying our counter for way too long.